How to Make an OEM and ODM Order?
- 6/8/2019 -
As a wholesaler or distributor, you may be very sensitive to the market demand and sometimes, you may have very good idea for a new product.
So once you have an idea for a brand new product or a new design based on current products, how to make it real?
OEM and ODM is the best way for you.
What is OEM & ODM?
Simply, OEM means buyer offer design or sample, factory manufacture the product accordingly.
And ODM means factory offers everything about the products, buyer buy whole unit from the factory and put their own brand on the product.
You don't need to have R&D staff, technology, component supplier, neither production line.
We will take care of that.
The only thing you need to do is:
1) Be sure of the market demand. It's very important to be sure the order quantity is considerable. Only good quantity will ensure we can get the investment back and low material cost.
2) Be able to tell us your idea or design clearly.
3) Be able to give a target purchasing price.
4) Know clearly what certificate, import procedure / neccessary documents, and tax for the product.
5) Make sure that your idea or design is not confict with patents of other brands.
Procedure of OEM&ODM:
1) Offer design of the product, it's much better if a sample can be provided. (This is applicable only for OEM). Or choose a suitable products from our product range (For ODM).
2) Offer important information such as: certificate, detailed requirement, specification of the products needed, and so on.
3) Brespalin offers a estimated price (sometimes different price with different standard)
4) Buyer confirm the price (need to understand there would be some change on price after the sample is made.)
5) BRESPALIN start making samples.
6) Buyer check and confirm the sample (maybe need several times).
7) After the sample is confirmed, start the procedure for neccessary certificate. In the meantime, start small qantity production to check the bulk production quality.
8) Start cooperation with your own brand new product.
OEM & ODM is quite a long-term negotiation and cooperation job. If you want to know more or want to start, please feel free to contact us.